Contact and Electronic Communications Opt Out
By providing your information to us on our Sites, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically by electronic mail regarding any security, privacy, eye healthcare or administrative issues relating to your use of the Sites or the Products or Services and generally for business purposes, i.e. notifications and important messages related to the use of our Products and Services.
We provide our customers with uniquely branded, highly functional, fashionable frames and glasses (“Products”) in combination with the services available at our retail locations including optometry and eye healthcare related specialty services (“Eye Care Services”) and the ability to purchase our Products on the Sites once you have visited our retail stores by participating in the Passport Program collectively the (“Services”).
Each pair of frames lenses is custom designed for the individual customer according to their prescriptions by our eye care professionals. The result is the highest quality user experience and delivery of both a functional and fashionable eye ware that is specially and individual created for our customer. The result allows you to see the world, and that you want the world to see you in. We make glasses that let you explore a life wide open!
We collect two types of information from you when you visit our Sites or when you purchase our Products or use our Services: (1) “personally identifiable information” (as defined below) and (2) non-personally identifiable information (as defined below).
Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“NPII”)
Non-Personally Identifiable Information can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, or interests. NPII may also mean aggregated, non-identifiable or anonymized information. NPII does not identify you personally. If you do provide us with non-personally identifiable information, we may use it for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected, or any other legal purpose.
Here are some examples of the ways in which we may collect and store your non-personally identifiable information when you visit our Sites, and how we use such information:
- Log Information. When you visit our Sites or view content provided by the Company we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This type of information includes details of how you used our Sites, IP address information described below, web pages which have been viewed by a visitor, data and time, domain type, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware, settings, browser type or version, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your “IP address” is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data, such as the screens and pages of our Services that you view. We use this information to deliver our screens and pages to you upon request, to tailor our services to the interests of you and our other visitors, and to measure traffic to and within our services.
- Demographic Information. “Demographic information” may be your gender, age, zip code, and interests. We may collect such information about you visit our Sites, use or Products and Services and use it to provide you with personalized Products and Services and to analyze trends to ensure that our Services and the information on them is targeted to meet your needs. Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personally identifiable information.
Personally Identifiable Information. Primarily, we may share or disclose your PII in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you.
For example, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question.
- To offer you products from our affiliates, strategic partners, agents, or from third-party marketers and other unaffiliated parties that we believe may be of interest to you, or to assist such parties for research, administrative, and/or business purposes.
These parties may contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain our services and us with other administrative services (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes, redemption of online gift cards and other promotions).
- To complete your purchase.
If you choose to make a purchase of one of our Products or on or through our Services, we may ask you for your credit card number, billing address, physical address for delivery of our Products and other information in connection with completing such purchase, and we may use such information to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other PII provided by you, to unaffiliated third-parties to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card or complete your delivery).
- To comply with law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law, or comply with legal process served on us, and to protect and defend our rights or property, including our rights and property and our services, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of you and our other visitors.
- To third parties as part of a corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze NPII, i.e. non-identifying, aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
- To protect against fraud and potential fraud.
We may verify the information you provide to obtain our Products and Services through third parties. In the course of such verification, we may receive additional PII about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
Non-personally identifiable information. We may share and disclose your NPII for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected, or any other legal purpose, including, when and where applicable, sharing and disclosing non-personally identifiable information combined with PII.
We use “cookies” to collect information about how you use our website when you visit the Sites. You can learn more about how the Sites utilizes cookies by clicking here: You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the Site. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Sites.
Any information, communications, or material of any type or nature that you submit to the Site or through the Services (including, but not limited to any Site contained on a social media platform or website such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter) by email, posting, messaging, uploading, downloading, or otherwise (collectively, a “Submission”), is done at Your own risk and without any expectation of privacy.
We may provide public areas on our services, such as forums and chat rooms, where you can post information about yourself and others. Please exercise discretion and use caution with respect to your information, especially in such public areas. We do not control who reads postings on our Sites, or how they may use or disclose such information. If you choose to voluntarily disclose information on public portions of our Sites, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF OR OTHERS IN PUBLIC AREAS OF OUR SERVICES.WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OR DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION.
No data transmissions over the Internet are completely secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or others over the Internet. You transmit such information at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls or secure server software.
Visitors to Our Sites from Outside of the United States